Mario Rashid-Ring is a motivated and highly capable commercial litigator within Coleman Greig's Litigation and Dispute Resolution team. He regularly assists clients with:
- Complex contractual disputes and equitable claims (including obtaining urgent applications);
- Infrastructure projects and construction disputes;
- Information technology related matters (including the protection of confidential information); and
- Property disputes.
Mario works with a diverse mix of clients, ranging from large multinationals to individuals, and believes that the key to building and maintaining strong relationships is continuous, open and effective dialogue. His technical knowledge of the law, coupled with his degree in Business and Commerce helps Mario deliver tailored and practical solutions to his clients at all times.
Ever mindful of the commercial realities of disputes and the specific merits of each case, Mario encourages the strategic use of alternate dispute resolution methods when appropriate. However, when litigation is deemed necessary, he readily assists clients across a range of Australian jurisdictions.
Joining the firm as a legal cadet, Mario has been with Coleman Greig for over 6 years. In this time, he has been exposed to a range of practice areas, including Commercial Law, Intellectual Property Law, Employment Law, Commercial Property Law, and Wills and Estate Planning. Mario has predominantly worked within the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, and has played an integral role in a number of notable matters - including many which have seen him gain a high level of specialist experience, such as:
- Assisting in the resolution of a dispute concerning the implementation of Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] software (software designed to handle the integrated management of an organisation's core business processes);
- Assisting in the successful application of search orders;
- Advising a primary resources company in relation to a range of complex commercial and insolvency disputes;
- Assisting clients in complex property disputes, including:
- Leasing; and
- A case relating to the deposit of special waste on land without approval.
- Acting for a multinational in relation to a high value dispute regarding the manufacture and sale of construction equipment; and
- Involvement in proceedings concerning the enforcement of international arbitral awards in Australia (an arbitration award is a legally binding decision enforceable in the courts).
Outside of his work, Mario is passionate about social change and community engagement, issues which he actively pursues through his involvement in various charitable organisations. In recent years, he attended the Humanitarian Affairs University Scholars Leadership Symposium in Phnom Phenh, and has also been presented with a Community Service Award from Western Sydney University.