Greta is a Lawyer working within Coleman Greig’s Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team.
With experience in construction matters and the building and construction industry, Greta assists clients with a wide range of commercial litigation issues. With a passion for Building & Construction and Environment & Planning, Greta advises clients from all levels of the contracting supply chain, including property owners, developers, contractors and suppliers.
Having acted for a range of businesses and individuals, Greta is very knowledgeable with respect to:
- Matters under the Security of Payment Legislation (in VIC & NSW), including payment claims and schedules, adjudication applications, responses and appeals;
- Advising on and defending building related litigation under;
- NSW: Home Building Act 1989 (NSW) & Design and Building Practitioners Act (NSW),
- QLD: Queensland Building and Construction Commission Act 1992 (QLD),
- VIC: Building Act 1993 (VIC);
- Dispute Resolution in all Courts and Tribunals (across NSW, VIC & QLD) including arbitration, expert determination and mediation; and,
- Advising and representing complex construction disputes, including those relating to variations, delay claims and programming, quantum meruit, multi-party liability, security, insurance, defective works, and damages for breach of contract.
Greta has provided detailed planning advice to a range of clients, including private landowners and property developers. Advice has included planning and environmental approvals, permissibility of land uses, existing use rights entitlements, integrated developments, environmental impact assessment process, development on and subdivision of complex residential developments such as E2 & E4 zones, flood prone lands, Aboriginal heritage implications, to name a few.
Greta has represented clients in the Land & Environment Court litigation, planning and development conciliation and mediations and negotiated with various Government departments and councils.
Taking a personal approach is important to Greta. Greta is concise in her interactions, ensuring that her clients feel comfortable at each stage of the process. She is able to provide clients with both practical and commercially driven advice and explains the legal process, procedure relevant to their case as well as the challenges and potential outcomes.
Outside of work, Greta enjoys exploring the history of big cities and small towns and also enjoys painting.