Accredited Specialist, Family Law
Andrew Banna is a Principal Lawyer and an Accredited Specialist in Family Law working within Coleman Greig’s Family Law team.
Having managed his own practice exclusively for over 10 years, Andrew has significant expertise across all areas of Family Law. He represents married and de facto clients in property matters, parenting matters, spousal maintenance matters and child support matters.
With over 14 years’ experience exclusively in Family Law, Andrew is able to tailor his communication style to each client ensuring they are heard and the solutions presented to them are clear and concise. Andrew approaches all of his matters in a client focused manner with the view of reaching a resolution without the need of incurring substantial legal costs.
Andrew has a particular interest in the following areas of Family Law:
- property matters which involve complex issues relating to businesses and trusts;
- property matters which involve forensic accounting such as tracing of expenditure by parties;
- property matters which involve lump sum contributions such as inheritances and worker’s compensation payouts;
- property matters which involve third party claims;
- parenting matters which involve allegations of abuse and family violence;
- parenting matters with issues relating to parental incapacity stemming from drug and alcohol abuse;
- parenting matters which involve relocation of a child; and
- child support matters relating to paternity of a child.
Andrew regularly represents clients at the Family Court of Australia and the Federal Circuit Court of Australia. He also appears at the Local Court to assist clients with Police matters that arise following the breakdown of their relationship.
Andrew enjoys writing about legal topics in Family Law in a plain English manner so that clients and the wider community are informed on important and evolving issues.
Passionate about the community, Andrew has previously volunteered at Macquarie Legal Centre in Parramatta where he provided Family Law advice during free evening sessions.
Outside of work, Andrew enjoys spending time with his children, playing golf with close friends and watching the NRL and A-League.