Ana-Maria is an Associate in Coleman Greig’s Commercial Advice team.
With over 4 years’ experience in Commercial and Taxation Law, Ana-Maria has worked with a diverse range of clients across multiple industries – placing a particular focus on providing technical tax and commercial law advice to entities looking to undertake restructuring for asset protection, business succession and refinancing purposes, particularly in the property sector. She has also assisted clients with compliance and government work.
Clear communication is key to Ana-Maria, assisting a diverse range of clients with complex financial issues. She works with high net worth individuals, family businesses, private companies, small businesses, start-ups and not-for-profits. Ana-Maria is approachable and flexible when working with her clients and always seeks to understand their needs and find the best solution to their problem.
Her experience in reviewing and drafting share sale agreements, trust deeds, company constitutions and licence agreements, as well as settling complicated ATO disputes involving complex domestic and cross-border tax issues, enables her to resolve cases with a high level of confidence and accuracy.
Examples of some of the other work Ana-Maria has undertaken include:
- advising on employee share schemes;
- establishing and administering a number of not-for-profit entities including advising on their property transactions and successfully applying for income tax and state tax exemptions;
- advising on appropriate structures for commercial, tax and philanthropic purposes and drafting relevant documents to set up such structures including private ancillary funds, charities, trusts, private companies;
- delivering technical and corporate restructuring advice to corporates, large private family groups and high net worth individuals on Australian domestic and international tax issues;
- preparing not-for-profit governance documents; and,
- analysing and applying complex and in some cases novel legislation particularly relating to the R&D and early stage investor tax incentives for start-up clients.
Recently, she also assisted a commercial property owner in restructuring their property portfolio of over $100 million from a trust to a corporate structure and assisted settling a two year long $26 million tax dispute with the ATO.
Ana-Maria has also participated in the Max Potential Program, where she coached a student for 6 months and focused on building their personal leadership style whilst delivering an impactful community project.
Outside of work, Ana-Maria enjoys hiking and woodwork.