Richelle Massey is an Associate in Coleman Greig’s Commercial Advice team.
Richelle brings a pragmatic approach and strong commercial focus to the team. After starting her career in private practice, she then spent 10 years as an in-house lawyer, initially with the Australian subsidiary of a large multi-national and then a Tier 1 telecommunications provider.
During her time as an in-house lawyer, Richelle developed a strong understanding of the commercial environment and the pressures faced by clients. From regulatory compliance through to the application of the Competition and Consumer Act, Richelle has worked across a wide range of commercial concerns and is able to view issues from the client’s perspective, then quickly identify and recommend the most appropriate plan of action.
Examples of some of the work Richelle has undertaken include:
- Provision of commercially focussed advice in relation to various pieces of legislation and Codes, including the Competition and Consumer Act, Spam Act, Privacy Act, and the Telecommunications Protection Code
- Drafting and negotiating a wide range of contracts, including marketing and media buying arrangements, sponsorship agreements and service arrangements
- Competition Law compliance programs, reviews and training
- Provision of legal advice and support for product launches, including the review of initial concepts through to the launch of various telco products
- Provision of advice relating to marketing campaigns and activities to ensure their ongoing compliance with relevant legislation
As a former in-house lawyer, Richelle is able to speak to clients in their own language – addressing their concerns and taking into account the ‘bigger picture’ when providing advice and recommendations, whether that entails considering the impact of a legal strategy on other divisions of a business, or keeping in mind the effect of a local subsidiary’s actions within a global context.
When she is not at Coleman and Greig, Richelle enjoys spending time with her young family.