Unfair Dismissal and General Protections Claims
Under current Australian legislation, terminating an employee requires considerable planning and preparation on the part of the employer. The law and tribunals expect employers to terminate employment fairly: that is, to have a good reason for the termination, and to give the employee procedural fairness in the termination process.
At Coleman Greig we have many years’ experience in representing employers, and employees, in proceedings before the industrial tribunals and the discrimination authorities. We can provide expert advice that will minimise the risk to your business of an unfair dismissal or adverse action claim and represent your interests if the need arises.
- Provide quick, effective and easy to understand advice, as an employment issue arises
- Highlight risk areas for you, and suggest ways of dealing with particular circumstances
- Advise the most appropriate ways to manage poor performance, misconduct or redundancies
- Provide up to date information on employee entitlements and payments required upon termination
- Represent your business in conciliation conferences and advise how best to present your case
- Effectively represent your business in the courts and tribunals.
For more information, or to make an appointment at one of our offices, please select from the below.