Enterprise Agreements, Employment Contracts and Workplace Policies
Employing staff is one of the most important things a business does. Getting the right people and having a common understanding of what is expected from the start is essential for the whole employment relationship. How that relationship is established at the beginning is critical, particularly if it is necessary to part ways with the employee later on.
At Coleman Greig we can help you ensure the employment relationship is set up right from the start:
Fair Work Act enterprise agreements
- advising on, drafting or vetting and amending as required
- advising on process for provision of proposed agreement to employees, process for approval and for lodgement in compliance with legislative requirements
- advice on issues concerning compliance with Better Off Overall Test and dealings with Fair Work and Fair Work Ombudsman.
- advising on standard or tailored common law employment contracts
- drafting or vetting and amending as required
- particular attention to inclusion of enforceable restraint and confidentiality provisions.
Employees and contractors
- advising on distinction between these classes of staff
- assessing particular employment/independent contract situations
- preparing contracts for independent contractors with a view to confirming status as contractor rather than employee
- advising on disputes as to unfair contracts under Federal Independent Contractors Act or under s106 Industrial Relations Act NSW.
- advising on workplace policies relating to discrimination, email/internet use, drug and alcohol use, WHS, workplace surveillance policies, or workplace handbooks/manuals, and drafting or vetting as required
- advising on implementation, communication, training and managing change issues arising from policy changes
- addressing issues such as possible contractual effect of policies.
- ensuring that employees have the right to work in Australia
- managing issues with the Department of Immigration
- applications for sponsorship of employees to Australia and related immigration applications.
For more information, or to make an appointment at one of our offices, please select from the below.