Fair Work Ombudsman Investigations
The role of the Fair Work Ombudsman (FWO) is to work with employees, employers, contractors and the community to promote harmonious, productive and cooperative workplaces; and to investigate workplace complaints and enforce compliance with Australia's workplace laws.
A FWO investigation looks at employment records and documents to find out the facts of a workplace complaint and to decide if relevant parties have complied with Commonwealth workplace laws.
During an investigation (usually launched as a result of a complaint) a Fair Work Inspector aims to find out whether an employer has failed to comply with Commonwealth workplace laws and, if so:
- what’s needed to fix the problem.
At Coleman Greig, our experienced workplace lawyers we can provide advice and representation to employers who are facing an FWO investigation. We can:
- assist with, or conduct, correspondence with the FWO regarding entitlement or other compliance issues
- assess areas of exposure and provide advice on risk management/damage limitation
- advise on an appropriate response to FWO enquiries or proceedings
- represent your business in litigation if required.
For more information, or to make an appointment at one of our offices, please select from the below.