Our lawyers understand the complex legislation and regulations that apply to franchisors and franchisees and can streamline the legal processes involved in this increasingly popular business model.
At Coleman Greig, we go beyond ensuring legislative compliance. We take the time to understand your business and your commercial goals to best assist you in the franchise development process. We form working relationships with your key staff and outside advisers, including franchise consultants and your accountant to ensure that our advice is relevant to you and your overall business strategy.
Coleman Greig acts for clients across a variety of diverse industries such as food, construction, retail, automotive, coffee, health and fitness, real estate and auto-parts.
We also conduct regular briefing sessions for our franchise clients to keep them up-to-date with the latest legal issues affecting their business, and to provide them with an opportunity to share their experiences with other people operating in similar business structures.
We can help you with:
- Preparation of franchise agreements
- Preparation of Disclosure Document and ancillary documents
- Compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Negotiating with government departments and councils
- Drafting and advising clients on commercial and retail leases
- Negotiating options, contracts and conditions of sale
- Negotiation with the franchisee’s legal advisors
- Managing the sale of a franchisee’s business and assignment of franchise to the purchaser
- Dispute Resolution including negotiating, mediation and litigation
- Advising on regulatory compliance
- Intellectual Property including branding and social media compliance.
For more information, or to make an appointment at one of our offices, please select from the below.