Employment Law & WHS
Our experience and commitment to clients
The constantly changing, and complex, nature of legislation in the field of employment law has meant that companies are increasingly reliant on expert advice and representation. We believe in partnering with our clients not only to provide reactive legal advice and representation when a problem occurs, but also to assist proactively by identifying potential risks to your business, and minimising or eliminating them.
Coleman Greig boasts a high degree of expertise and a broad range of experience in the field of employment law and WHS. Our team of experienced lawyers can help you to manage the potential risks to your business and ensure compliance with all relevant legislation.
- Providing employment law, risk management and compliance advice to Coleman Greig's commercial clients including many subsidiaries of multinational companies.
- Guiding employer clients through the new legislative framework for Australian employment law since the introduction of the Fair Work Act in 2009/10.
- Giving immediate risk management advice to clients regarding disciplinary and termination processes.
- Successfully representing clients in proceedings concerning unfair dismissals, redundancies, post-employment restraints, discrimination and 'adverse action' claims.
- Advising on and drafting employment contracts, policies, restraint and confidentiality agreements for employees.
- Advising on sham contracting, enterprise agreements, executive remuneration and protecting confidential information.
- Advising on the complexities and practicalities of arrangements concerning external contractors including risks around intellectual property ownership, workers' compensation, payroll tax, PAYG and superannuation.
- CG Workplace Connect - 'on call' employment law and business migration advisory service.
For expert legal advice in all areas of Employment Law, please contact our team or to make an appointment at one of our offices, please select from the below.