Employment Law for Government
Our Employment Law team can provide expert legal assistance across the full range of human resources, workplace and industrial relations issues.
We work closely with clients to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, and to provide strategic advice in minimising the potential for employment disputes to go to litigation and exposure in any contested cases.
Our lawyers can help ensure that your policies in the areas of discrimination, harassment and bullying are current, comprehensive and implemented in an appropriate manner. We can also provide advice and representation in regard to issues arising from the enforcement of workplace standards and policies.
Coleman Greig has a track record of early dispute resolution in unfair dismissal and adverse action/unlawful dismissal claims and, should the need arise, have experienced employment law litigators who can successfully represent State Government Departments and authorities in courts and tribunals.
We can also represent State Government Departments and Agencies in discrimination, harassment or bullying allegations or proceedings – including conciliation processes and litigation, if required.
Our Employment Law team regularly provides in-house training to managers and staff regarding appropriate (and Inappropriate) workplace conduct, and responses to allegations of discrimination or harassment, including investigations and disciplinary processes.
Areas where we can assist you include:
- Performance management and employment terminations
- Unfair dismissal and unlawful claims
- Unfair contract claims
- Discrimination, harassment and bullying
- Workplace restructuring and redundancies
- Compliance with employment legislation
- Award compliance and interpretation
- Contracts of employment and workplace policies
- Post-employment restraint, restraint of trade, protecting IP and confidential information
- Industrial relations, industrial disputes and union issues (including rights of entry)
- Advising on compliance and risk management issues
For more information, or to make an appointment at one of our offices, please select from the below.