Is my contractor "really" an employee? How do I tell if a person is a contractor or an employee? This is one of the most vexed questions in employment law, but still a very important one, as a lot can hang on the answer:
- Might I owe leave entitlements?
- Have I underpaid relative to award rates?
- What risks do I face around workers compensation, payroll tax, super and PAYG withholding?
- Am I "sham contracting"?
- Who benefits from contracting anyway?
- Is my form of contract in order?
- Is my invoicing and other paperwork up to speed?
- Am I managing the contractor the best way possible?
- What if an employee asks to be a contractor?
Anna Ford of Coleman Greig Lawyers and David Freney from Champion's Businesss Growth Advisers, will take you through the complexities and practicalities of the contracting relationship to address these issues, and some common myths about contracting, to get at the kernel inside "this old chestnut".
Places will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.