One of the key assets of any business is its Intellectual Property (IP). From registering trade marks, patents and designs through to protection of information on databases and IT systems, the ability of a business to identify and manage potential risks to its IP is critical. This seminar will look at the various ways in which you can protect your IP and your business from potential threats and ultimately enforce your legal rights.
What will be covered?
- The different forms of IP including trade marks, patents, designs and copyright and the legal protections for each;
- The differences between trade marks, business names, company names and domain names;
- How brand owners should use, protect and control the use by others of their IP rights;
- Ownership of IP in a corporate setting;
- How brand owners can enforce their IP rights against competitors;
- Sending letters of demand - the dos and don'ts; and,
- Commencing court proceedings - the nature and availability of urgent and final orders.
What are the learning outcomes?
- A refreshed understanding of the various types of IP, available protections, and how to put these in place;
- A number of tips, strategies and risk-management actions to maximise protections without costly disputes; and,
- A newly found appreciation for the many points of interactions between IP and areas of their business.
Who should attend?
This 2-hour seminar will give any Director, Manager or Sales and Marketing Teams the skills and knowledge they need to identify the IP assets of their business and implement the necessary strategies to protect, monitor and enforce their IP rights.
Places will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.