Whether you are a business owner or director one of your key responsibilities is to control your company's business.
From checking accounts and ensuring accurate reporting and compliance with relevant regulations, through to overseeing planning processes and determining strategic direction, a Director's role is wide ranging and all-encompassing.
In recent years we have seen media reports of a number of high profile companies folding, or being placed into administration. We have also seen a number of directors being held personally liable and facing the prospect of severe penalties and even jail time.
So how can you minimise the risk to you, and your fellow directors? Do you have a strong understanding of your rights and obligations?
Presented by Coleman Greig's Principal Lawyer Peter Stewart, this workshop will cover:
- the role of a director and the duties of the Board
- who is actually covered by legislation concerning directors' responsibilities and considered an "officer" of a corporation eg. company secretary, general counsel etc
- how to ensure you/your directors have access to the right information
- what should incoming directors look for as part of their due diligence process
- what to look for in financial reports and who to talk to for advice
- minimising personal liability and protecting your assets
Peter will also focus on recent court decisions and penalties that have been placed on directors.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop has been specifically designed to assist business owners, Directors, COOs and CFOs to identify potential risks and ways in which to minimise their impact.
Places will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.