There have been a number of high profile cases in Australia over the years that have highlighted the need for a legally valid Will which is both current and comprehensive - from Home & Away actress Jessica Falkholt's family tragedy to the protracted battle over Richard Pratt's billions, to the debacle surrounding Peter Brock's incorrect use of a DIY Will kit. However it is not only the 'rich and famous' that are affected. At a time when the recent property boom and compulsory superannuation have created significant asset pools across the nation, you need to be aware of the potential issues facing all of your clients.
At the next Coleman Greig Accountants' and Financial Planners' briefing, lawyers from the firm's Wills and Estate team will look at a variety of cases and review the consequences of not having a legally binding Will that covers all of the relevant scenarios. The team will cover:
- What are the consequences of an inadequate Will, or no Will at all?
- How are assets treated in the absence of a valid Will?
- What steps should business owners consider as part of their estate planning?
- What should people with vulnerable beneficiaries (eg. drug addicted children or disabled children) be aware of?
- Under what circumstances and by whom can a Will be disputed?
Don't miss this informative and thought-provoking briefing.
Places are limited so book now to avoid disappointment - and remember this seminar will help you to satisfy your CPD requirements!