With a Federal election widely expected in May, and polls consistently suggesting a change of government, now is a good time to review current IR and employment law issues, and how a change of government might impact on employers.
Join us at our first breakfast briefing for 2019 when our experienced employment lawyers Stephen Booth and Shanni Zoeller will review current issues including:
- casuals: when a casual isn't, "double dipping", conversion
- gig-economy workers: are they employees, and do we need a new category of employee to cover them?
- superannuation: the Government's proposed amnesty, and elevating super as an NES obligation
- the decline of enterprise bargaining: will industry-wide bargaining displace EAs, and promote union membership?
- FWC membership: who gets appointed?
- industrial manslaughter laws
- institutional changes: Australian Building & Construction Commission, Registered Organisations commission to be abolished, and Road Safety remuneration Tribunal to be revived?
- domestic violence leave: 5 or 10 days, paid or not?
- penalty rate legislation?
- labour hire regulation?
Get to grips with the issues at this informative event.
Places will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.