This highly practical and relevant workshop provides you with all the essentials for understanding PPSA - from what constitutes a security agreement, through to perfecting a security interest and fending off potential challenges to your interests. Our expert PPSA lawyer Rebecca Hegarty, will provide tips and strategies to effect and maintain a valid PPSA registration, but also to understand the potential issues that can arise and how to prevent them.
What will be covered?
The session will cover:
- types of security interests
- what constitutes an effective security agreement
- essential time-frames for PPS registrations
- setting up Secured Party Groups (SPGs)
- working out which collateral class your secured collateral falls into
- steps to enforce your security interest
- tips and Traps that may invalidate your security interest or threaten its priority
What are the learning outcomes?
At the end of the seminar, participants can expect:
- to identify what in their business dealings may give rise to a security interest in their favour
- to understand how to effect a PPS registration
- to recognise what constitutes defects in a PPS registration and understand what are the threats to a registration’s validity
Who should attend?
All managers and staff who are required to effect PPS registrations within your team will benefit from attending this workshop. It will provide an overview of the key issues involved in the PPS process and what you will need to be aware of to gain the maximum benefit from taking a security interest from your customers.
Places will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.