This highly practical and relevant workshop will look at the employment relationship in its entirety - from the initial engagement process through to performance management, the application of workplace policies and termination. Our expert employment lawyers will provide tips and strategies to ensure all managers are not only compliant with any relevant legislation, but that they also understand the potential issues that can arise and how to prevent them.
What will be covered?
The session will cover:
- employment contracts: regulating the employment relationship (and their relationship to the NEs, enterprise agreements and modern awards)
- workplace policies: have you got the basics covered?
- permanent vs casual employees
- employee vs contractor
- managing poor performance / general conduct issues
- the disciplinary process
- key risks: including Unfair Dismissal claims
What are the learning outcomes?
At the end of the seminar, participants can expect:
- to be able to identify potential issues that might arise from the engagement process and implement strategies to minimise risk from the outset
- to gain insights into the preparation, application and subsequent enforcement of workplace policies
- to gain increased confidence in handling the employment termination process if and when required.
Who should attend?
All managers and HR teams will benefit from attending this workshop. It will provide an overview of the key issues involved in the employment process and what managers across all functional areas need to be aware of when dealing with staff - from their initial appointment through to performance management and the end of the employment relationship.
Places will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.