Termination of employment for reasons related to drugs and alcohol or unsafe conduct can be particularly difficult. Questions of policy, process and proof abound. In this workshop our experienced employment lawyers will address:
- preparing the ground: D&A and WHS policies and procedures
- proof of D&A offences: testing options and evidence
- setting D&A standards: zero tolerance or degree of impairment?
- reasons for termination: risks to safety? sub-optimal performance?
- setting WHS standards: addressing a real risk or just process?
- WHS infringements: balancing safety for all employees and fairness for one employee
- case studies: getting it right and getting it wrong
This workshop will provide participants with an increased confidence and ability to manage risks arising from drug, alcohol and WHS-related employee conduct issues.
Who should attend?
All managers and HR teams will benefit from attending this seminar. It will enable them to set realistic and appropriate behavioural standards for the workplace and better manage any issues that may arise.
Places will be limited so book early to avoid disappointment.