This workshop is designed to ensure managers and HR decision-makers understand their obligations and responsibilities in regard to critical HR tasks. It will minimise potential risk to the business from an Employment Law perspective and help to ensure appropriate procedures and protocols are followed.
What will be covered?
The workshop will cover:
- General requirements: The 3 Warnings model and Fair Work Act rules
- Compliance with policies
- Flexibility depending on circumstances
- Laying the groundwork
- Being assertive while complying with requirements
- What to put in writing
- Serious disciplinary interviews and employee's support person
- Work out notice, pay in lieu of notice, or summary dismissal?
- Getting the payments right
- Assessing and managing the risks.
What are the learning outcomes?
Participants completing the workshop will have:
- An awareness of the points of risk to be avoided or managed
- Confidence in moving through a disciplinary or performance management process
- An understanding of a risk management approach to terminations
- Knowledge of the options for termination, how to choose the right one, and how to get termination payments right.
Who should attend?
HR teams and managers responsible for performance management or the discipline of staff.