Does your business operate in the road transport industry? If it does, you need to read this!
One of the functions of the Road Safety Remuneration Tribunal (RSRT) is to make road safety remuneration orders (RSROs). A RSRO is a formal, legally enforceable instrument.
On 1 May 2014, a RSRO was imposed on road transport drivers employed or engaged in:
- the road transport and distribution industry within the meaning of the Road Transport and Distribution Award 2010; and
- long distance operations in the private transport industry within the meaning of the Road Transport (Long Distance Operations) Award 2010.
In summary, the order imposes very particular requirements including:
- all drivers are to be issued written employment contracts that contain mandatory clauses / details;
- all drivers must be issued with a written safe driving plan;
- all drivers are to be trained in work health and safety systems and procedures; and
- a written drug & alcohol policy must be implemented that contains mandatory clauses / details.
If this order relates to your business and you would like to ensure your documentation is compliant please contact: