Racha Abboud has specialist expertise in franchising, with a wide range of experience in acting for National franchisors, master franchisees and franchisees. She also has a background in commercial leasing and finance.
In addition to her technical expertise, Racha prides herself on being able to understand her clients’ businesses, and their current and future needs. Drawing on her highly developed interpersonal skills, she is able to build long-lasting professional relationships with clients that enable her to provide practical, timely and relevant solutions for their businesses in areas such as:
- Franchising law with a particular emphasis on advising franchisors as to their obligations under the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Reviewing, advising on and developing franchise documentation and associated documents
- Compliance, regulatory issues and dealing with disputes
- Retail and commercial leasing and licensing
- Contract negotiation and drafting (including Distribution Agreements, Licence Agreements, Trading Terms & Conditions and Confidentiality Deeds
- Purchases and sales of businesses.
Racha has demonstrated leadership strengths and a proven ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment. Her ability to think ‘outside the box’ when identifying potential problems results in innovative solutions for clients.
In recognition of her expertise in franchising, Racha has been appointed Chairperson of Women in Franchising - a national association focussing on key issues relating to women in franchising; providing opportunities and initiatives for contribution, networking and professional development. Racha is also is a committee member of the Franchise Council of Australia.