Restraints of Trade and Protecting Confidential Information
Restraint of Trade clauses and Confidentiality clauses are commonly found in employment agreements. Together, these clauses play an important role in protecting an employer’s business interests, both during the working relationship and after it has ended.
At Coleman Greig we can provide advice at the start of the employment relationship on how to include these tools in an employment contract – to clearly define your expectations of the employee – as well as how best to ensure the clauses are adhered to.
Once the employment relationship has ended, Coleman Greig can also provide:
- advice on drafting, application and enforcement of restraints on post-employment competition or solicitation of customers, suppliers or employees and protection of intellectual property and confidential information
- practical advice on whether or not to enforce restraints against former employee
- practical advice on whether a former employer’s restraints on an employee can be enforced
- risk management advice on responding to threats or disputes, or commencing, or not commencing, litigation
- conducting litigation where required.
For more information, or to make an appointment at one of our offices, contact us.
Phone +61 2 9895 9200
Level 11, 100 George Street,
Parramatta NSW 2150
|Norwest Baulkham Hills Office
Phone +61 2 9895 9343
Suite 601, Level 6, 2 - 8 Brookhollow Avenue
Baulkham Hills NSW 2153