Our lawyers understand the complex legislation and regulations that apply to franchisors and franchisees and can streamline the legal processes involved in this increasingly popular business model.
At Coleman Greig, we go beyond ensuring legislative compliance. We take the time to understand your business and your commercial goals to best assist you in the franchise development process. We form working relationships with your key staff and outside advisers, including franchise consultants and your accountant to ensure that our advice is relevant to you and your overall business strategy.
Coleman Greig acts for clients across a variety of diverse industries such as food, construction, retail, automotive, coffee, health and fitness, real estate and auto-parts.
We also conduct regular briefing sessions for our franchise clients to keep them up-to-date with the latest legal issues affecting their business, and to provide them with an opportunity to share their experiences with other people operating in similar business structures.
We can help you with:
- Preparation of franchise agreements
- Preparation of Disclosure Document and ancillary documents
- Compliance with the Franchising Code of Conduct
- Negotiating with government departments and councils
- Drafting and advising clients on commercial and retail leases
- Negotiating options, contracts and conditions of sale
- Negotiation with the franchisee’s legal advisors
- Managing the sale of a franchisee’s business and assignment of franchise to the purchaser
- Dispute Resolution including negotiating, mediation and litigation
- Advising on regulatory compliance
- Intellectual Property including branding and social media compliance.
For more information or to make an appointment at our Parramatta or Norwest offices, contact:
+61 2 9895 9200
Franchising - Our Clients
Over the years, Coleman Greig has developed a particular expertise in the field of franchising and acts for clients across a variety of diverse industries such as food, construction, and auto-parts. Our lawyers understand the complex legislation and regulations that apply to franchisors and franchisees and can streamline the legal processes involved in this increasingly popular business model.
We currently represent one of Australia’s most well-recognised and respected franchisors with over 470 coffee outlets across the country, a construction equipment distribution franchisor and a well-known motor vehicle parts distribution franchise, amongst other clients in this sector.