Building & Construction Law
Anyone who has ever been involved in a construction project (either as a client or a builder) will understand the complexity of building contracts and the number of factors that can influence the satisfactory completion of a job. Whether the project is a house, a residential development, an office building, a factory or other commercial premises, legal issues with substantial financial risk for both parties may arise during the course of construction.
By their very nature, building projects give rise to a broad range of legal issues. From managing disputes about work quality and timeliness, unforeseen circumstances and progress payments during construction, to liability and payment issues at the end of the job, many building disputes become extremely time consuming and costly for all involved.
At Coleman Greig, our experienced building and construction lawyers understand the issues at stake.
The key is to ensure that building contracts are well-prepared before work commences and that the job complies with all relevant environmental and local government regulations. Sound legal advice and representation can not only clarify legal responsibilities and obligations up-front, it can also reduce the time spent negotiating disputes or misunderstandings during the
course of the work.
We can help you with:
- Drafting building contracts and related commercial agreements
- Advising and representing clients with respect to local government development requirements
- Identifying environmental requirements and representing clients in Land &
Environment Court litigation
- Building contract disputes and litigation, including multi-party liability litigation
- Mediation, arbitration and alternative dispute resolution with respect to building disputes and recovery of damages or payments due under contract
- Managing the security of payments and related issues
- Representing builders in licensing proceedings
Building & Construction Law - Our Clients
Coleman Greig’s property law team can provide expert advice and legal representation to organisations involved in building and construction.
From contract preparation and negotiation, through to dispute resolution and representation in Court, our experienced team has provided assistance to various government agencies, major contractors in construction and infrastructure, and property developers.